Firebird Trans Am Price, Photo's, Specs, Reviews
Pontiac revealed the 2014 Firebird Trans Am at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. With an estimated 450 horsepower (335 kW) and 450 lb.-ft. of torque (610 Nm), the 2014 Firebird Trans Am is the most powerful standard Pontiac in history.
"The convertible has been a part of the heart and soul of Pontiac since the very beginning," With the all-new Firebird Trans Am, we designed and developed the coupe and convertible simultaneously. As a result, the Firebird Trans Am offers an open-top driving experience with no compromise in performance, technology or design."
The Firebird Trans Am and convertible will arrive in global markets in late 2013. Changes for Firebird Trans Am destined for export vary only in equipment required to accommodate the respective markets' regulations, such as lighting, headlamp washers, and outside mirrors.
"It's fitting to introduce the new Firebird Trans Am convertible on the global stage at Geneva, "It is an icon that has long been recognized and admired even in countries where it's never officially been offered."
All of the performance technology and capabilities introduced on the Firebird Trans Am coupe carry over to the convertible. The only structural changes are limited to accommodations for the folding top and repositioned safety belt mounts. Central to the Firebird Trans Am's driving experience is an all-new, more rigid aluminum frame structure, which is 57 percent stiffer and 45 kg lighter than the current steel frame.
Additional highlights of the all-new Firebird Trans Am coupe and convertible include:
- A sculptured exterior with advanced high-intensity discharge and light-emitting diode lighting and racing-proven aerodynamics that balance low drag for efficiency and performance elements for improved stability and track capability
- An interior that offers genuine carbon fiber and aluminum trim, hand-wrapped leather materials, dual eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, and two new seat choices - each featuring a lightweight magnesium frame for exceptional support
- Advanced driver technologies, including a five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to the fit the driver's environment and a new seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching that anticipates gear selections and matches engine speed for perfect shifts every time
- Lightweight materials, including a carbon fiber hood on all models and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes; composite fenders, doors and rear quarter panels; carbon-nano composite underbody panels and a new aluminum frame help shift weight rearward for an optimal 50/50 weight balance that supports a world-class power-to-weight ratio
- an electronic limited-slip differential, dry-sump oiling system, integral brake, differential and transmission cooling, as well as a unique aero package that further improves high-speed stability
The 2014 Firebird Tran Am coupe has a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Firebird Trans Am Convertible starts at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license.